SAN DIEGO, CA, April 2, 2019
Visual Communications Company (VCC), a recognized global leader in the illuminated electronics recently announced its new SP160604 Series LED bulb.
Unlike anything on the market, the new SP160604 Series was developed by VCC’s own design team, who leveraged years of experience to solve some of the unique technical challenges associated with LEDs operating in both AC and DC environments.
Efficiency is always a top priority in large, industrial facilities, especially when it comes to backup power. Traditionally, incandescent bulbs were the go-to solution because they do not overheat in fully-contained spaces and can easily run on battery power. Plus, most LEDs used in power plants can’t operate at the higher voltages required to power emergency systems and other large-scale systems such as turbine halls and power plants.
For power plants, losing backup power is not an option. Because their emergency backup systems typically run at higher DC voltages (105-280 VDC), LED bulbs couldn’t operate on dual voltage. Inefficient incandescents were the only solution for backup power, which is crucial for operator safety.
To address the issue of maintaining mission-critical backup systems while enhancing energy efficiency, VCC developed the SP160604 Series bulb for applications including hydroelectric plants, electrical power plants, as well as power and turbine stations.
VCC approached these issues head-on and developed an LED driver that could handle a wide range of AC and DC voltages, as well as prevent overheating in enclosed fixtures by incorporating the temperature sensing and fold-back circuit. After extensive testing and experimentation, the new 9W LED bulb design was third-party certified as UL 1993 (Self-Ballasted Lamps) for fully-enclosed fixtures.
The SP160604 Series 9W LED Lamp offers a unique set of benefits to manufacturers and end-users in the electricity generation sector, including:
• Versatile application – can be used for dual AC/DC operation, as well as 105 through 280 VDC and 110 to 130 VAC.
• Unmatched energy savings – uses a fraction of the energy of incandescents — 1/20th of the energy of a 100W lamp and less than 1/20th the power of the 200W lamp.
• Easy retrofitting – available in a standard E26 base and A21 shape, so upgrading standard incandescents to the 9W LED lamp is simple, even at a large scale.
• Extended life – compared to incandescent lamps with a life of only 1,000 hours, the SP160604 Series LED is rated at 50,000 to L80.
• Sustainable operator safety – provides efficient, reliable illumination while battery backup power is being utilized to help workers safely do their jobs during power outages.
• Broad range of color temperatures – available in 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5700K and 6500K.
“We developed this innovative new lamp to solve challenges one of our clients faced for maintaining emergency backup power,The benefits our new bulb provided were too amazing not to share with the rest of the industry. So, we’re making our SP160604 Series available to customers looking to retrofit — or outfit — their operations with a versatile and efficient solution.”
The SP160604 Series will be available to VCC’s distribution channels in April 2019. To learn more about this game-changing lamp, visit its product page found here: https://vcclite.com/9-watt-led-light-bulb-dual-ac-dc-operation-compliant-for-fully-enclosed-fixtures/
Need additional Information:
Click to download the official press release, press release image or the press release quick tips.
Want to see how the SP160604 Series looks like? Check out video
Check all the Latest Products
Custom Design Capabilities
Learn more about our products
Call Us 1.800.522.5546