Visual Communications Company (VCC), a recognized global leader in the illuminated electronics, announced its new family of SMD LED light pipes, the VBL Series.
This 3mm vertical board mount light pipe family is the perfect fit for applications including:
- Transportation Systems
When accuracy counts, the VBL Series is the clear choice for reliable indication. Designed to transport a narrow beam of light, the Series ensures minimal light loss, which could impact operation on HMIs with multiple indicators.
In addition to preventing light bleed, benefits to operators and OEMs include:
- Cost-effective status indicator solution – for more complex control panels with a lot going on, the VBL Series provides significant cost savings and design flexibility compared to utilizing panel mount indicators.
- Uniform illumination without question – a frosted top diffuses the light and maintains a soft, consistent glow with no hot spots.
- Sleek design for modern devices – the flat top option sits flush with the user interface, providing a smooth aesthetic.
- Just the right viewing angle for the job – options include a flat top with an 80-degree viewing angle or a domed top with a 20-degree viewing angle.
- Built-in production efficiency – with press-fit installation, the VBL Series mounts directly to the PCB for faster, more cost-effective assembly.
- Complements SMT LED technology – to further reduce costs, the VBL Series opens up possibilities for OEMs to streamline production and assembly. The light pipes easily fit over the surface-mount LEDs, allowing faster completion of the sub-assembly.
- Wide range of standard lengths – light pipe lengths from 0.20” to 1.000” to suit any need, with custom lengths and colors also available.
- Designed to stay in place – with VCC’s Stay-Put Placement, the light pipes are attached at the PCB board and the PMI so they remain stable in high-vibration environments and eliminate the opportunity for vertical or horizontal misalignment of the LED, PCB, and panel.
- Ideal for small, mission-critical LEDs – these optical-grade light pipes work well with LEDs that are 3.0mm x 3.0mm x 2.0mm.
VCC’s VBL Series will be available through its distribution channels in June 2021. To learn more about the new LED light pipes and the many ways they optimize any device, visit: https://vcclite.com/vbl-series/.
Need additional Information:
Click to download the official press release, press release image or the press release quick tips.