Coronavirus Position StatementInformation regarding the Coronavirus and how it affects you
March 27, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
The health and safety of VCC employees and customers are of the utmost importance. As we all face an unprecedented event, VCC is implementing processes that keep stakeholders healthy and maintain continuity across our organization to serve our customers.
As a supplier of electronic components to many critical infrastructure industry sectors, the work performed at VCC is considered as essential critical manufacturing and we will remain open during the COVID-19 crisis. This includes our operations in Baja California, Mexico, where we anticipate the release of similar federal and state guidelines governing essential manufacturing.
At this time, VCC does not anticipate any major raw material supply challenges, or disruption to our production or distribution in North America. If the situation arises, we have supply chain processes and protocols in place to help us manage through emergency situations.
With that said, the VCC leadership team is committed to monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) worldwide, and has been collecting best practices and insights from expert third party sources to better protect our business – and yours. We are in ongoing contact with every site location to monitor the situation and activate response plans, as needed.
To promote the safety and health of our people and communities, VCC is following the recommendations of health authorities in the various locations where we do business, as well as the directives issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These include but are not limited to:
- Enforcing stringent protocols for any employee that has been in proximity of the virus or displays symptoms
- Implementing social spacing and expanding the deep cleaning and sanitation efforts at every facility
- Activating remote work scenarios when possible to maintain a healthy work environment
- Eliminating all non-essential travel among our teams and restricting access to all facilities
For additional information and updates as they are made available, please visit us at vcclite.com.
We wish you continued good health and thank you for putting your trust in the VCC team.
President + CEO
March 23, 2020
To our Customers, Suppliers, Distributors and Valued Partners around the world,
With what seems to be almost a daily changing landscape of challenges to overcome, our resolve at VCC only continues to get stronger. Our top priority remains the health and welfare of our employees, customers, distributors, manufacturer representatives and the many others around the world.
During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we continue to remain vigilant in the care and concern for our employees, which helps to continue the service to all of our great partners who count on us to ensure the continuity and growth of their businesses, and others that they are connected to.
As a brief update:
- Our corporate teams are now working remotely along with others that were already dispersed across the U.S., allowing for continued access to all our team members along with our digital/online resources (vcclite.com, VCC web portal, etc.) remaining active
- Our Mexico operations teams are fully functioning to meet quality, service, and delivery while considering the many guidelines as expressed by the World Health Organization, the local and national government and other pertinent expert opinions from the medical, psychological, and business communities.
- Our global distribution network is still functioning, while also abiding by local or regional regulations, expectations and/or restrictions of the communities by which they reside.
- Our upfront mitigation plans to increase our production capacity with new/additional equipment, inventories, safety stocks, and pipelines, continue to support our customer requirements, and even allow fulfillment of many requests for early deliveries, etc. As always, any exceptions if any, will continue to be communicated upon discovery.
VCC is continuing its support of our global stakeholders and hope that YOU continue to take great care of yourselves, loved ones, and others that you can help as an awesome global citizen!
Vice President of Sales
February 28, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
First, our hearts go out to those affected both directly and indirectly by the Coronavirus outbreak. While VCC has confirmed no direct impact to our internal teams, we are keeping in our thoughts the people around the world, within our supply-base, distribution and representative networks, industry colleagues, and the many others that may be more directly affected, and working hard to attain some type of normalcy in their personal or professional lives. Whether you’re facing the Coronavirus, or any other challenge or hardship, we encourage you to keep fighting, as the sensitivity and care for others is not lost on us!
With that said, VCC continues to monitor and take direct actions to try and minimize/mitigate possible disruptions to our business and how we support our customers. Although having a global presence, VCC primarily operates out of North America in the United States and Mexico, with a portion of our supply chain coming from Asia. The results of a recent survey of VCC’s key Asian suppliers show that while all have resumed operations, they continue to work in a reduced capacity. Until normal operations resume, VCC anticipates some delays in its supply chain that will potentially impact the delivery of our products. We apologize in advance for any delays that occur, but also are taking specific actions to support a more seamless process:
- VCC is increasing safety stocks on a variety of raw material and finished goods items to bolster critical inventory positions to combat against stretching lead times
- VCC was already reviewing supplier and BOM diversification that began 2019 and continues through today, ensuring alternate paths wherever possible
- VCC has also made investments in additional manufacturing capacity much of which is coming online by the first week of March 2020 based on strategies that began 2019
We will continue to work with our suppliers furthering our positions to protect our customers and will continue to communicate both publicly and with customers directly about their specific needs/requirements.
In light of this, we also ask that all our customers review their VCC product needs and ensure they are giving as much visibility as possible, out to 6-9 months of demand, helping us to make the necessary and thoughtful decisions on how we support your business.
Vice President of Sales
Most frequently asked questions
1. Do products from Asia present a contamination risk?
No. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of Coronavirus associated with imported goods.
2. What steps are you taking to diminish the supply side impact of this issue?
We are proactively communicating with our suppliers to evaluate risk, increasing safety stocks and continuing a raw material supplier diversification.
3. Are there currently any particular supply disruptions?
A few supply constraints have shown up for a few new customers, but largely our supply chain is supporting our overall needs.
4. What can be done to further solidify my needs as a customer for your product?
For current order visibility, nothing. For any future demand inside of 6-9 months, open ordering windows to increase visibility, helping to create priority.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have anymore question, feel free to get in touch.